Tuesday 1 January 2013

New Year's Address from Justin Webly More or Less Arch.Of Cant.

Hullo,

And a Very Happy New Year to you all. I want to take this opportunity to talk to you about New Year’s Resolutions. Did Jesus make and break them? Is that how the moneylenders’ stuff got trashed? Sadly, we’ll never know, but I want to share with you one of my own resolutions which is already in train even as I type.

Of late, I have said some pretty harsh things about a certain section of the Laity who voted against us having women bishops.

You remember – I suggested that they were small minded, regressive, sexist antiques. Well that simply will not do, and I really must embrace the idea of forgiveness. To that end I have called upon a growing band of volunteers to go out amongst these religious Luddites and be nice to them; show them a good time; entertain them, and bring them back into the fun-loving fold of the Anglican communion.

Space does not allow any more than two brief glimpses of a Modern Church healing itself.

Here, The Very Reverend Gaylord Pitchblend entertains Gordon and Betty Petty with his tuba. You can hear those feet a-tapping, can’t you?
Meanwhile, one of our brightest curates, Chris Nerk has anti women bishopist Dr R A Parsnip wreathed in smiles. (Sadly, Dr Parsnip turned out to be dead, but it’s the thought that counts).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on... you want to say SOMETHING, don't you? Post under a made-up name if you're shy!